Are you driven, sales focused with a strong understanding of the Swiss Distribution market? Are you looking to drive sales and build your own book of business? Montlake are looking for their next Sales hire and it could be you!!
MontLake is looking to hire a Senior Associate to lead our sales efforts in Switzerland. Your main responsibility will be to raise assets from institutional investors for the MontLake Investment Solutions alternatives UCITS product range. Following the growth and success of the business there are also exciting plans to expand our coverage into more liquid traditional and less liquid alternative asset classes in the future. We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced salesperson who will embrace the opportunity in a fast-growing business, drive future investments and wants to be part of a proactive, entrepreneurial team. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of your accounts in Switzerland yet form part of a wider European sales team. The individual should be based in Switzerland for local market presence and proximity to relationship-building.
Who are we? MontLake Investment Solutions Team:
The Investment Solutions business, headed by Kenneth Sim (Partner at MontLake), has a dedicated sales team of 6 (including this role) operating on a locally based regional coverage model. In addition to this role, there are plans to expand the sales team by 2 sales representatives in early 2021. Further to the sales team, the Investment Solutions business is supported by the Group’s Investor Relations team of 4 based in Ireland, responsible for taking away all non-essential sales functions from the sales team so they can focus on selling. Further to this, the Investment Solutions business also includes a Head of Research who chairs the Product Committee, responsible for Fund Manager selection, in addition to curating sales and marketing messaging.
The team consists of highly self-motivated, energetic, integral, and dynamic individuals who exclusively cover their own clients but also work very collaboratively on fund positioning, market knowledge and sales and marketing ideas.
MontLake Investment Solutions Firm:
Founded in 2009, headquartered in Dublin with offices located across Europe, MontLake combines world-class infrastructure solutions, with the world’s leading investment managers overseeing $8.5 billion of assets, across a suite of products.
Providing our clients with access to world class and highly experienced investment managers via our expertise in structuring the most suitable European regulated fund structures to suit the investment strategy. Encouraging and facilitating active distribution across all key jurisdictions, all with the highest levels of service.
Within MontLake Investment Solutions, we aim to develop the highest quality investment products that we believe will deliver investors value. We employ an investor centric, strategy agnostic and research driven approach, seeking first to identify fundamental return characteristics that investors are looking to access. Then, selecting the best global investment talent to complement their portfolios within an institutional and regulated framework, specifically UCITS
You will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in asset management sales, preferably alternative UCITS but experience in Long Only and Private Market sales will be considered
- An individual who currently has their own book of clients or has supported Sales Directors on a team and looking for a growth opportunity to manage their own book
- A successful demonstrable track record in a similar role
- Fluent in French and English, Swiss-German language skills would also be preferred
- Experience of dealing with clients both face to face and on the telephone
- Minimum B.A. degree from a reputable institution preferably within a finance focused curriculum
- Sound knowledge of financial markets, ideally with a hedge fund or a traditional fund management firm
- Solid computer skills – Salesforce, or similar CRM system, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Client driven; high levels of client service, pro-active problem resolution, long-term view to relationship building
- Entrepreneurial and business builder mindset, able to combine niche local market knowledge with understanding of wider business impact
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Highly organised
Sounds like you?? Get in touch! Interviewing now
What you will be doing:
- Solely responsible for driving sales and inflows for MontLake’s range of funds in Switzerland: predominantly liquid alternative UCITS
- Proactively identifying sales opportunities and materialise net new inflows
- Consistently refreshing an opportunity pipeline through creating new and relevant relationships
- Prepare, conduct, and follow up on roadshows as a means of achieving sales targets
- Liaise with Portfolio Managers for roadshow briefings and investor feedback
- Proactively take ownership for the entire sales process, whilst working closely with internal Investor Relations and Operations teams to meet investors needs
- Actively maintain the CRM system with updates on all current and prospective investors including tracking of investments from their clientele
- Help promote MontLake brand and strengthen client relationships by being the face and voice of the business and providing outstanding customer service
- Stay informed about financial markets to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with new clients by understanding their business
- Execution of conferences and events